2020 CLEVELAND BROWNS MEDIA CREDENTIALS (9.5.20)
2020 CLEVELAND BROWNS MEDIA CREDENTIALS
- The following regulations and guidelines will be in effect for the Browns 2020 season. All media personnel with access to FirstEnergy Stadium, which includes club local media, in-house media or network television broadcast partners, must adhere to all NFL-NFPLA medical and facility protocols as a condition of access. These regulations were formulated in conjunction with the National Football League, National Football League Players’ Association, medical experts and the 31 other franchises and are subject to change based on constant evaluations of, and responses to, the COVID-19 pandemic by the NFL, national/local government agencies, health officials and the organization.
- Gameday credentials for 2020 are extremely limited due to NFL-NFLPA protocols and capacity limits and policies in place in order to accommodate social distancing.
Cleveland Browns home games
To continue to make the credentialing process as efficient as possible, the Browns will again use an online application system for all media credential and parking requests for home games at FirstEnergy Stadium:
- The Browns will not be accepting full-season credentials in 2020. Instead, all individual media members interested in covering a Browns home game must submit an application on a game-by-game basis.
- In past years, sports directors/editors were asked to apply on behalf of the entire media outlet to streamline the accreditation process. New this year, each individual media member is required to directly submit his/her individual application, if interested in attending a home game.
- To apply for an individual media credential and/or parking to any Browns home game, each media member should submit a request through http://www.sportssystems.com/browns. Once submitted, the applicant will be unable to make further edits to his/her submission. The HARD deadline to apply for individual game media credentials is 5 p.m. ET 10 days prior to the game requested (Thursday at noon for the next week’s Sunday afternoon game). Due to the limited availability of credentials and a focus on accommodating as many media members as possible, while creating as safe an environment as possible in media work spaces, the team no longer has flexibility to consider and/or accept late submissions or requests.
- As a reminder, media are welcome to apply for any/all Browns home games immediately and do not need to wait until the weeks leading up to the game, in the event they are confident in their coverage goals for future games.
- For the Browns’ Thursday Night Game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sept. 17, applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Sept. 10 (one week prior to the game).
- A headshot is required for each requested attendee (JPG no larger than 4 MB).
Cleveland Browns away games
- Local media interested in covering a Browns road game should e-mail Mike Annarella (MAnnarella@clevelandbrowns.com) no later than noon 10 days prior to the game requested (Thursday at noon for the next week’s Sunday afternoon game).
- As per NFL policies, media located in Northeast Ohio and the surrounding areas should request credentials through the Browns for all away contests. All other media should submit credential or media inquiries directly to the opposing club’s communications department.
This season’s home game media protocols and regulations are attached and should be reviewed by each individual interested in applying for media credentials.
Please direct any questions to Mike Annarella (MAnnarella@clevelandbrowns.com).