Browns Training Camp Notes (8.30.20)
For Immediate Release
Aug. 30, 2020
- The Browns conducted a full padded practice at FirstEnergy Stadium.
- Prior to the start of practice, QB Baker Mayfield, WR Jarvis Landry and DT Larry Ogunjobi issued a statement on behalf of the players that identified the following areas where the organization will work to become an instrument for change: 1) Education 2) Police Reform and Accountability 3) Economic Advancement and Community Support 4) Non-Partisan Voter Registration, Education and Turn Out.
- The following players did not practice today due to injury: DE Myles Garrett (wrist), LB B.J. Goodson (personal), T Chris Hubbard (ankle), CB Kevin Johnson (liver), CB M.J. Stewart Jr. (hamstring), C JC Tretter (knee), CB Greedy Williams (shoulder) and LB Mack Wilson (knee).
- The Browns made the following roster moves:
- Waived: WR Damion Willis
- Waived from Reserve/Injured: C Casey Dunn
- A total of 77 puppies have been adopted via the Browns Puppy Pound this year. Each practice day, the Browns, via social media, will announce open sign ups to meet local animals in need of homes from the Northeast Ohio Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA). Due to health and safety concerns, walk-up adoptions are not available at this time. Since the program’s launch in 2015, 572 puppies from the Northeast Ohio SPCA have been adopted by Browns fans. The Northeast Ohio SPCA is a non-profit no-kill pet shelter located in Parma. With each adoption, Sugardale will provide new owners with a puppy starter kit (while supplies last), as well as a station for families to take their first family photo with their new puppy.
- To celebrate the Browns’ 2020 Training Camp and to support the Cleveland Browns Foundation, every day of practice the Browns Pro Shop will feature an exclusive item fans can only purchase by ordering over the phone or visiting the Browns Pro Shop at FirstEnergy Stadium. All net proceeds from all Browns Pro Shop sales are donated to the Cleveland Browns Foundation.
- The Browns are auctioning a variety of once-in-a-lifetime experiences with top players, coaches and more to benefit Cleveland Browns Foundation. Fans have the chance to bid on auction items, providing them with a special opportunity to win incredible experiences or autographed items, while giving back to a good cause. To view the packages and place your bid, visit clevelandbrowns.com/auctions.
- New this year, Browns fans across Ohio will have a special opportunity to purchase 50/50 raffle tickets during the 2020 Cleveland Browns Training Camp. With each ticket providing a chance to win half of the raffle’s net proceeds, the other half will benefit Stay in the Game! Network and Shoes and Clothes for Kids, a Cleveland-based non-profit organization. Fans 18 years and older may purchase tickets for the full duration of training camp and the raffle’s jackpot winner will be announced at the conclusion of the raffle on September 4. Some Exclusions apply. For more information or to purchase a ticket, visit https://browns5050.com/ or the Browns Mobile app.
- Throughout training camp, the Browns will recognize a number of teams that are participating in Build the Bridge as the Cleveland Browns High School Team of the Day. Today’s High School Team of the Day, the Warrensville Heights Tigers, is paired with Cardinal Huskies, led by Coach George Gresko, to discuss how the two programs could build the bridge of racial equality.
Through the #BeTheSolution campaign, a social justice educational movement inspired by EVP of Football Operations and General Manager Andrew Berry, the Cleveland Browns support the “Build the Bridge” program. Established by Cleveland Heights coaches Mac Stephens and Kahari Hicks and Beachwood Head Coach Damion Creel, Build the Bridge strives to create a coalition of coaches, players, parents, administration and community members to foster the success of student-athletes through social-emotional, educational, and athletic advancement. Do your part to be a part of the Solution. To learn more about how football programs can get involved in Build the Bridge, Unite Together and help #BeTheSolution, email email@example.com.
- Upcoming media schedule:
Monday, August 31
Player’s day off
**Schedule subject to change. Times are approximate.**