Browns Give Back hosts annual 10 Days of Giving (12.6.19)
or Immediate Release
Dec. 6, 2019
BEREA, Ohio – As the Browns strive to lift spirits of those in need throughout Northeast Ohio during the holiday season, the team will begin its annual “10 Days of Giving” initiative through Browns Give Back during Sunday’s AFC North game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Throughout “10 Days of Giving,” spanning Dec. 8-17, Browns players, coaches and staff will host unique community events and make special contributions to various organizations during the holiday season as part of the team’s yearlong commitment to education, youth football and inspiring others through its signature First and Ten volunteer movement.
The extended week of community engagement, initially inspired by the Browns’ signature #give10 First and Ten volunteer movement, has expanded in recent years to fully encompass the team’s commitment to supporting school attendance in Ohio through the “Get 2 School, Stay in the Game!” Network and its yearlong efforts to enhance youth and high school football throughout the state.
Preliminary information on the Browns’ community involvement throughout 10 Days of Giving is included below. Detailed media advisories will also be sent throughout the campaign to provide media members the opportunity to attend select events with Browns players and team personnel.
10 Days of Giving:
Day 1 (Sun., Dec. 8)
- Browns vs. Bengals at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Browns Give Back First and Ten Toy Drive, presented by Electronic Merchant Systems (press release attached)
- More than 20 Browns players participating in the NFL’s My Cause, My Cleats (press release attached)
- Cleveland Browns Foundation in-game presentation of scholarship checks for its annual Marion Motley Scholarship, awarded annually to two motivated students whose long-term career goals could include working in education or sports
- Through the “Get 2 School, Stay in the Game!” Network, Cleveland Metropolitan School District CEO Eric Gordon will serve as the honorary First and Ten Coin Toss Captain
- Browns Youth Football on-field announcement of its 2019 Cleveland Browns High School Coach of the Year and recognizes all 10 nominees through the Cleveland Browns High School Game of the Week, presented by Ohio Cat and in association with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Day 2 (Mon., Dec. 9)
- G Joel Bitonio hosts “Shop with a Pro” to offer youth from City of Cleveland Recreation Centers a special holiday experience (onsite coverage opportunity – media advisory to follow for evening event)
- Additional Browns Youth Football announcement
Day 3 (Tues., Dec. 10)
- “Get 2 School, Stay in the Game” Network visit to CMSD school, along with the Arby’s Foundation (onsite coverage opportunity – media advisory to follow for afternoon event)
- 2019 Cleveland Browns Ed Block Courage Award announcement, recognizing a player’s courage, compassion, commitment and community during the year
- Providence House’s 24th Annual Deck the House event in FirstEnergy Stadium’s 7UP City Club, including an appearance by the Browns Ed Block Courage Award recipient (open to media – program scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.)
Day 4 (Wed., Dec. 11)
- Browns, NFL Youth and High School Football announcement
Day 5 (Thurs., Dec. 12)
- Browns Give Back announcement
Day 6 (Fri., Dec. 13)
- Browns Give Back shares its commitment to Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry through team’s and players’ dedication to social justice efforts
Day 7 (Sat., Dec. 14)
- Browns, NFL Youth and High School Football announcement
- Browns Alumni P Reggie Hodges (2009-12) and LB Jason Trusnik (2009-10) host staff members as they #give10 by wrapping presents in preparation for Hodges’ and Trusnik’s annual holiday event
Day 8 (Sun., Dec. 15)
- Browns-Cardinals at State Farm Stadium
- Browns highlight support of the Littlest Heroes and Center for Families and Children through team’s Adopt-A-Family and of children in Cuyahoga County and Lorain County Giving Tree programs
Day 9 (Mon., Dec. 16)
- QB Drew Stanton hosts “Passing Along the Joy” event to help provide youth from City of Cleveland Recreation Centers a special holiday experience (onsite coverage opportunity – media advisory to follow for evening event)
Day 10 (Tues., Dec. 17)
- Browns Give Back event (onsite coverage opportunity – media advisory to follow for afternoon event)
- Browns Give Back event (onsite coverage opportunity – media advisory to follow for evening event)
For more information, contact Rob McBurnett (RMcBurnett@ClevelandBrowns.com, 440-824-6175).
About the Cleveland Browns and Browns Give Back:
The Browns Give Back to Northeast Ohio with a commitment to education and youth football while engaging the community through the team’s signature First and Ten volunteer movement. For more information, visit www.clevelandbrowns.com/brownsgiveback.
Education – The Cleveland Browns are dedicated to improving the quality of education for students in Ohio by making investments that keep kids in school every day so they can succeed, highlighted by the “Get 2 School, Stay in the Game!” Network. The “Get 2 School” Network is a statewide initiative designed to promote the importance of school attendance and put an end to chronic absenteeism. The team engages local schools and promotes quality education by using attendance data and feedback from families to build a school-going culture, uncover and reduce common barriers to attendance and support engagement opportunities for students to thrive. To learn more, visit Get2School.org.
Youth Football – The Cleveland Browns are committed to assisting the development, safety and growth of youth and high school football throughout Northeast Ohio with year-round programming for players, coaches, officials and parents. Through camps, clinics and other initiatives, the Browns’ goal is to promote healthy, social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of youth by enhancing opportunities for youth football participation and education.
First and Ten – Launched in June 2014, the Cleveland Browns First and Ten campaign is the team’s community program, established to inspire fans to #give10 and help their communities by volunteering for 10 hours each year. Through First and Ten, the Browns are the only NFL club to promote a long-term volunteering program that unifies the team and its entire fan base, with the goal of impacting every individual’s city across the globe, as well as the franchise’s local community. To date, nearly two million hours of volunteering have been pledged through First and Ten. All Browns fans are encouraged to join the volunteer effort by signing the First and Ten pledge on the team’s website and by sharing their stories with #give10.
# # #